05 Aug BORTECH: THE INDUSTRY STANDARD!
You Don’t Sell Over 4,000 Bore Welders Globally by Accident.
BORTECH was established in 1982 by an operator of a machine shop that specialized in heavy equipment repair for local construction contractors. After 600+ hours of development and testing the first BORTECH Bore Welder was introduced to the market.
The new Bore Welder was the answer to the obvious need for a machine to rebuild worn holes on large parts. In 2012 CLIMAX acquired BORTECH, recognizing that operators regularly use both welding and portable machining technologies for repair and maintenance projects, as well as manufacturing and fabrication processes – this was the perfect partnership.
The BORTECH automated welding systems are designed to attach directly to several CLIMAX’s boring machine mounting fixtures, allowing a single setup for both welding and machining operations. These automated welders offer high-quality performance for bore, flange, and valve repair and dramatically decrease weld time while producing precise, uniform, high-quality welds compared to hand welding techniques.
- Reduce bore welding time and labor costs
- Smooth welds reduce machining time by up to 50%
- Extends the life of consumables with less heat distortion
- Eliminates the need to manually fill voids or over-sizing the bore to make it round
- Weld one bore while machining another, reducing time on the job by 50%
- Repairs bores too small to weld by hand or too large to weld with good consistency
- Repairs bores you can’t reach by hand
- Avoids the health risks of inhaling smoke and gases
- Light and portable equipment easy to use for in-situ operations
- Weld in horizontal, vertical, or inverted axis
“Our mission at CLIMAX is to help our customers do their work better, faster, safer, and more cost-effectively by bringing the most innovative, highest-quality portable machining, welding, and valve testing tools right to the job! Like CLIMAX, the BORTECH brand is well known globally as the number one brand in the market. Our bore welders can lay 5 pounds of metal per hour… hour after hour! You can’t do that consistently by hand!” – Tom Cunningham, President, and CEO of CLIMAX
Click here to learn more about our complete line of BORTECH auto bore welding systems.