24 Mar APPLICATION SPOTLIGHT: CATALYST CONVERTER REPAIR
In-Situ Machining based in Alberta Canada using their 13-year-old CLIMAX FF8200 flange facer to machine a 108 inch (2743.2 mm) diameter flange face on a 27-degree angle on top of a catalyst converter. In-Situ was able to achieve an 80 RMS surface finish with a single point tool to ensure a proper seal for the 75,000-pound lid.
The CLIMAX FF8200 Flange Facer Solution:
A true workhorse, with the size and muscle to machine large-diameter flange faces. It gives up nothing in accuracy thanks to its rigidity, easy positioning, and uniform rotation rates, even when mounted in vertical flanges. Features a tool head that can be rotated a full 360°, infinitely variable feed rates, and remotely adjustable air-powered feedbox so radial and axial feeds can be done quickly and safely. Facing AND milling diameters range from 45 to 120 inches (1143 to 3048 mm).
|Diamètre de surfaçage||1 143 à 3 048 mm||45 à 120 po|
|Diamètre d’usinage||1 143 à 3 048 mm||45 à 120 po|
|Diamètre de prise interne||1 143 à 3 048 mm||45 à 120 po|
|Option d’alimentation||Pneumatique ou hydraulique||Pneumatique ou hydraulique|
- Rugged Machine Design
- Large, heavy-duty construction-grade bearings provide powerful, rigid performance throughout the entire machine-facing range, even machining over bolt hole patterns.
- Oversized ring gear accommodates extremely high torque levels for challenging flange repair applications, and these machines are able to generate a phonographic finish.
Flexible and Versatile
- Both radial and axial feed are achieved with a pneumatic feedbox. Manual feeding for rapid positioning is also possible.
- Feed rate is adjusted remotely at the pneumatic conditioning unit, providing the ultimate operator safety and the flexibility for feed rate adjustments even during machining operations.
- Infinitely variable feed rates from 0.002 – 0.035 inches (0.0508 – 0.889 mm)/rev provides operational flexibility.
- Reversible feed box can be mounted to provide either radial or axial feed.
- Turning and counterweight arms can both be adjusted for the desired swing clearance and machining range.
- Tool head can be rotated a full 360˚ providing the ability to create a variety of chamfers, O-Ring grooves, lens rings, and other angular surfaces as needed.
- Pneumatic & hydraulic drive options are available.
- Chucking system can be removed to allow the flange facer to be face-mounted.
- Can be mounted both OD and ID or surface-mounted.
- Milling option available with precision down-feed ball screw.
- Back-facing attachment is available for heat exchanger repair.
Quick and Easy Setup
- Modular design allows many of the machine components to be removed to facilitate easier setup and storage.
- Unique chucking system minimizes parts to greatly simplify machine setup and tear down.
- Quick-adjust leveling feet make setup quick and easy.