28 Dec APPLICATION SPOTLIGHT: SLEW RING REPAIR
Rectiequipos SAS in Bogota, Colombia using a CLIMAX CM6200 Circular Mill to machine the upper slew ring seat surface on a Komatsu mining shovel. No welding was allowed to secure the machine, so a custom fixture was designed to help set up the circular mill using the shovel’s central pin, significantly reducing the setup time.
The CLIMAX CM6200 Circular Mill:
For machining large flanges 73.5 – 199 inches (1866.9 – 5054.6 mm) in diameter, and featuring a center machine clearance designed to fit over 24 inches (609.6 mm) diameter kingpins, this Circular Mill can be configured for powerful milling, single-Point machining, and grinding operations. Extraordinary rigidity, versatility, and power are at your fingertips – this machine can handle your toughest large flange machining jobs quickly and efficiently. For smaller ranges view the FF7200 or FF8200 Flange Facers.
|ID Mounting Diameter||78.9 – 177.2 in.||2004.1 – 4500.9 mm|
|Milling Diameter||73.5 – 199 in.||1866.9 – 5054.6 mm|
|Min Turning Arm Swing Diameter||135.6 in.||3444.2 mm|
|Max Turning Arm Swing Diameter||197 in.||5003.8 mm|
- Extraordinarily rigid design ensures consistent, high-quality machining.
- Large diameter pre-loaded precision bearing and linear guideways for the most rigid machining platform.
- Radial and axial travel uses precision ball screws.
- Milling head with #50 taper spindle easily handles face mill up to 10 inches (254.0 mm) in diameter.
- Adjustable counterweight provides precise balance in vertical applications.
- Center machine clearance is designed to fit over 24 inches (609.6 mm) diameter kingpin.
- Can be configured for milling or single-point machining.
- The single point option allows users to cut chamfers and seal ring grooves, and machine phonographic finishes.
- An Air grinder is also available for fine finishes for sealing surfaces.
- Hydraulic drive or servo drive with touchscreen pendant and angular control options available.
- The spindle has 8 inches (203.2 mm) of travel and is also capable of drilling.
- Multiple mounting options including ID/ OD or face-mounted configurations.
- The swivel plate option allows the milling head to rotate 360°.
- Infinitely adjustable arm position for limited swing clearance applications.
- A tubular rigid chucking system with leveling feet allows the machine to be leveled after mounting in the flange for a simple & speedy setup.
- Modular design allows many of the machine components to be removed to facilitate easier setup and storage.
- Servo control with touchscreen pendant allows a wide range of speed adjustments from rapid advance for setup to slow machining speeds for precise control during machining.
- Servo angular control system with touchscreen pendant provides precision control of cutter placement and positioning.