25 Oct APPLICATION SPOTLIGHT: METAL FABRICATION
Atlas Machine & Supply, out of Louisville, Kentucky, used a CLIMAX CM6200 Milling Machine in fabricating this large fixture. Kyle Spencer and the Atlas team creatively positioned the setup and mounting legs to perform the work.
The CLIMAX CM6200 Circular Mill:
For machining large flanges 73.5 – 199 inches (1866.9 – 5054.6 mm) in diameter and featuring a center machine clearance designed to fit over 24 inches (609.6 mm) diameter kingpins, this Circular Mill can be configured for powerful milling, single-Point machining, and grinding operations. Extraordinary rigidity, versatility, and power are at your fingertips – this machine can handle your toughest large flange machining jobs quickly and efficiently. For smaller ranges, view the FF7200 or FF8200 Flange Facers.
|ID Mounting Diameter||78.9 – 177.2 in.||2004.1 – 4500.9 mm|
|Milling Diameter||73.5 – 199 in.||1866.9 – 5054.6 mm|
|Min Turning Arm Swing Diameter||135.6 in.||3444.2 mm|
|Max Turning Arm Swing Diameter||197 in.||5003.8 mm|
- Extraordinarily rigid design ensures consistent, high-quality machining.
- Large diameter pre-loaded precision bearing and linear guideways for the most rigid machining platform.
- Radial and axial travel uses precision ball screws.
- Milling head with #50 taper spindle easily handles face mill up to 10 inches (254.0 mm) in diameter.
- Adjustable counterweight provides precise balance in vertical applications.
- Center machine clearance is designed to fit over 24 inches (609.6 mm) diameter kingpin.
- Can be configured for milling or single-point machining.
- The single-point option allows users to cut chamfers and seal ring grooves, and machine phonographic finishes.
- An Air grinder is also available for fine finishes for sealing surfaces.
- Hydraulic drive or servo drive with touchscreen pendant and angular control options available.
- The spindle has 8 inches (203.2 mm) of travel and is also capable of drilling.
- Multiple mounting options including ID/ OD or face-mounted configurations.
- The swivel plate option allows the milling head to rotate 360°.
- Infinitely adjustable arm position for limited swing clearance applications.
- A tubular rigid chucking system with leveling feet allows the machine to be leveled after mounting in the flange for a simple & speedy setup.
- Modular design allows many of the machine components to be removed to facilitate easier setup and storage.
- Servo control with touchscreen pendant allows a wide range of speed adjustments from rapid advance for setup to slow machining speeds for precise control during machining.
- Servo angular control system with touchscreen pendant provides precision control of cutter placement and positioning.