Over 50 years ago, CLIMAX pioneered the portable machine tool industry, with state-of-the-art tools that solve the world’s toughest machining challenges. In 2013, CLIMAX acquired CALDER Testers, and now CLIMAX | CALDER has brought portable to the valve testing industry. The new CALDER TURN-AROUND-TESTER™ can efficiently perform a wide variety of pressure tests and can be easily transported for use on job sites.
“We applied the same logic that we have with portable machining to on-site Valve Testing. The TURN-AROUND-TESTER™ (TAT) is the perfect solution for service teams to complete in-field testing of freshly refurbished Control and Safety Relief valves. The self-contained TURN-AROUND-TESTER™ will fit in any full sized pickup bed with the controls positioned to ergonomically allow the operator to complete the testing even when it is still in the vehicle. The TAT has a built in Air Ride suspension to protect the control system components during transportation and handling as well as multiple rigging points for ease of handling when the testing location is not accessible by truck, i.e. ship, submarine, etc.. Pair the TAT with a set of CALDER valve grinding and lapping machines and you have a one stop valve refurbishment system to complete on-sight services anywhere your industry requires.” Says Scott Thiel, VP of Engineering
PORTABLE, ROBUST, and EASY TO USE
- Every component in the TAT pressure circuit is OEM-certified to the maximum specified testing pressure of the system for increased quality, durability and safety.
- Compact size allows for transport and use in the bed of a truck. Optional stands available for off truck use.
- Clamp fixture and console paired in one frame keeps everything you need together during transport or on the job site.
- Conforms to specified API-598 and allows operator to perform hydrostatic valve testing in non-traditional environments.
- Heavy-duty vibration isolating frame and console walls are equipped with air bags to protect the machine from vibration during transport.
- Test control panel location provides a splash shield between the operator and the clamp table.
- Intuitive control panel layout makes performing a test procedure efficient and easy on the operator.
- Console is at working height when on the back of a pick-up bed or on the optional stands.
- Quick-connect test pressure gauges can easily be removed for the quick calibration or removal of gauges for transport.
- Self contained test medium tank allows operator to perform valve testing in non-traditional environments.
- ISO 9001 certified ensures all CALDER products are manufactured to the highest quality standards.
- CE certified and available world-wide! All CALDER products are available for sale worldwide, including in the European Union and other locations where CE certification is required.
- Patent Pending Safety Interlock system with interlocking control valves that will not release the clamp pressure until the test pressure drain valve is opened and internal test pressure is released.
- Standard 2-year warranty is the longest in the industry! We’re confident in our quality, and we back it up!
- Viewing window allows observation of the valve during the testing process.
“Why bring the valves to the tester when you can bring the tester to the valves.”
– Fisher Price, CALDER Product Manager
The CALDER TURN-AROUND-TESTER™ now gives valve repair shops and technicians the opportunity to take their shop on the road. With superior quality, safety, durability, and performance, owning a CALDER TURN-AROUND-TESTER™ is by far the most flexible and cost-effective way to manage your valve testing program, reduce your total cost of ownership and maximize your return on investment over the life of the test system. End-to-end solutions – from products, consulting, custom design, training, start-up, after-sale service, spare parts, repair, and rentals – allow CLIMAX l CALDER to deliver unmatched value in our industry, world-wide.
CLIMAX l CALDER
USA World Headquarters
2712 East 2nd Street
Newberg OR 97132
Tel: +1 503 538 2185
Toll Free: 1 800 333 8311